Monday, April 21, 2014

A bunch of smalls.

Yesterday I was on the air and fielded a call from what turned out to be a 10 year old kid. I looked the call sign up and there he was, all ten years of him behind a nice looking rig. My guess is that it is his father's.

That kid gets a QSL card from me and a note attached that he doesn't have to return one if he doesn't have any.

Too bad there are not more ten year old kids like him. He is a sharp operator.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Yesterday I was looking for something and being Easter Sunday, everything was closed. Finally I checked the local convenience store and scored.

A woman in her mid 40s was in my way and I asked her to move with a polite "Excuse me, young lady."

I generally address most women 8 to 80 with the term 'young lady'. If they are young it fits and if they are old it is appreciated.

It's the middle aged you have to watch out for.

She snapped back that she wasn't a young lady.

I readily agreed with her, dryly telling her she was neither young nor a lady and said that I just didn't have the heart to call her a rotten old c*** on Easter Sunday. 

Her lack of breeding brought it on herself. I try to be pleasant and kind but know when enough is enough. More people ought to lash out like that. It might make us more mannerly as a society.

&&&&&&&&&&&&

It is a Monday and it looks pretty calm. I might try out my long range rifle today and see if it works. There was a recall on the rifle over safety issues. I fixed the problem myself by replacing the trigger with a match trigger. Twenty minutes worth of work and it was good to go.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I worked two new ones, Uzbekistan and American Samoa the other day. It's at the point where with 185 entities logged and about 155 confirmed that it is a case of all of the easy ones are gone. New entities now are like pulling teeth.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

All I can say to our elected officials is to get off of your ass and LEAD. Harry Reid should have been at the very front  of the BLM people during the Nevada incident. 

This is a new age. They make Depends now and he could just wear brown pants.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

For what it's worth, I have found the proper Army forms and my request to get my birthday back is in the mail.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment