Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Planning ahead and simple solutions

Ya gotta think every so often.

When I was small I lost mittens which I suppose most small children did from time to time. My mother installed a 'runaway strap' which was a cord tied between the mittens. One mitten was then fed up one sleeve and down the other and presto! 

When I took off my mittens they hung off the cord and were there when I wanted to put them back on. They were not stuffed into a pocket that they fell out of and got lost.

Of course, the first time my mother did this she didn't think and made the cord about eleven feet long. I was maybe four feet tall. The mittens dragged on the ground where they snagged on things.

My dad fixed that problem in a nanosecond. He simply grabbed the bight of the cord and tied an overhand knot in it, effectively shortening it to the proper size.

Two quick lessons here. First one should think ahead and plan things and try and foresee the problems before theyhappen.

The other lesson is that quite often there is a simple solution to a problem.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment