Thursday, April 3, 2014

One of the things that I see now is that there are fewer Americans

 out there that are willing to fend for themselves, although there are a few out there.

Many people in the 40 year old range have said that they wish they could opt out of social security and manage their own retirement. They very well may be right so long as the government prints an honest currency and doesn't rob them blind through inflation.

As I sit here behind my keyboard looking at history I think I'm going to have to pin our current fiscal headaches on LBJ. Actually it was FDR when he started social security but that, surprisingly enough, was working even though it was doomed to begin with.

Had LBJ not plundered the social security fund in the 60s it likely would have lasted pretty much until the boomers died off. Still, eventuallly it would have collapsed.

I guess we could say that FDR cracked the treasury door a bit, but it was Johnson that opened it wide open with his (failed) Great Society programs.

All these wonderful Great Society programs have done is create more government dependency and it gets worse with every administration.

The older I get the more I realize the Founding Fathers wanted us to take care of ourselves and not to create a monster to take care of the people.

I live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment