Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Another day has passed and is over with and I have to start thinking about the next one.



Yesterday went well until I had to listen to a guy bragging about having a daughter headed to law school. Just what we need. Another lawyer. I grew tired fast and asked him how he managed to raise a daughter with the morals of a hammerhead shark.

He looked shocked and demanded an explanation. I told him that lawyers were not known for their fine moral character.Most of them are legalized thieves. 

He got pretty upset and said he ought to sock me.

I said to him, "Please feel free to do so. I will then hire an attorney with fewer morals than your daughter is displaying my attending law school and sue you for everything. I will then proceed to squander her tuition money on hookers and blow and she will have to wait tables for a living."

He wandered off with smoke pouring out his ears.

One of my cohorts was behind me and told me I could be downright dry.

The truth is we have too many lawyers in this country as demonstrated my my mouth. While I admit I ran off at the mouth because I get tired about hearing about people's kids, I (arguably) should have been punched.

Thirty years ago I would have been smacked upside the head and if I had complained the cop would have said I deserved it.

On the other hand I suppose I am tired of listening to parents brag about their kids so maybe it's a wash of some sort. 

About 25 years ago one of my cousins went to law school. I asked my uncle why he hadn't taught his son a sense of honesty. My uncle looked shocked for about a second and then looked at me sheepishly.

"It really is a license to steal," he confessed.

Of course, everyone goes into law with visions of defending the poor man accused of the murder he didn't commit.

That generally lasts until the third year of law school when they see that the people that followed the ideals of law are buying their cars off of Craigslist and the lawyers that went into legalized theft are driving BMWs.

For the record, I have made a few posts about their children. Generally I listen and I respect the fact that a parent that has raised a kid well ought to be proud. It's not the fact that you brag about your kids that I tend to get sarcastic about. It's the way you do it.

Don't be so uppity about it.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment