Monday, September 1, 2014

Halloween was always a big night in Kodiak.



It was the first holiday after the summer stock had left and was either a big thing or a bust. Some years I'd start planning for it shortly after the Fourth of July.

One year I wanted to do something that was out of character and would fool people. I decided to go out in drag and be one of the girls.

The idea popped out of something that happened around the Fourth. I was talking to one of the woman that I knew that was a friend of sorts. She mentioned that she was going out drinking with the girls that night. With a straight face I asked her if I could be one of the girls that night.

"OK, Pic," she said. "You can be one of the girls."

So I went out with the girls. I had a pretty good time being one of the girls. We drank, gossiped and in general i kept my mouth shut and learned a lot.

The fleet was out and I was ashore working construction so there were not as many men in town. Still, some guy came over to our table and was told he wasn't welcome because it was girls night out. He looked at me and Sally looked at him and smiled. "Piccolo's one of the girls tonight."

He left looking confused.

I was scruffy. Bearded, wearing a wool shirt with the sleeves cut between the wrist and the elbow fisherman style.

After a few drinks I asked the girls if I could go out with them again on Halloween. "Yeah, but you gotta look like one of us," said Sally. Everyone laughed.

"Think you can help me pull it off?" I asked.

"Keep your beard until the last instant," said one of the girls.

Then the five of them started looking and talking and thinking aloud. For a while they discussed how to fix me up and after a while we went back to girl stuff.

I had a pretty good time.

Over the next couple months from time to time one or the other of the girls would grab me and tke me to the local "Goodwill" type shop and have me try things on. We went when it wasn't busy and over the next few months I got an outfit picked out for me.

From time to time I'd buy one of them a drink and get coached. I had to learn to drink like a lady (hold the straw), smoke like a lady (hold the cigarette up and off to one side keeping it away from me). I watched a lot of woman studying their mannerisms.

Come Halloween evening I got whisked over to Sally's and the girls went to work on me. My beard was shaved off and I wass shaved several times until my face was smooth. I was stripped down to my skids andthey went to work on me getting me manicured and dolled up. They put two pairs of panty hose on me for strength to hold some padding to build up my ass.

When they were done we dimmed the lights and I was deemed passable as long as I was in a bar. Off we went.

It almost ended when we were entering one of the bars. Some drunk lookedlike he wasgoing to grope Sally. She dodged him and he grabbed my ass instead so I spun around and knocked him silly and in the process broke a couple nails.

They had spares and fixed them.

We sat down at a table and then they told me to sit at the bar. They wanted to see who would try to pick me up. 

I glanced over and saw that there was the town policewoman in a clown suit. She had the ight off, I guess and wanted to go out. She looked at me, did a double take and started looking at me from time to time. Then she got up came over and smiled. "Good one, Pic." she said.

I saw her tell her date and he looked at me for a while and finally figured it out. He grinned. I ordered a fruity drink that came in a tall glass.

Behind me the real girls watched.

A guy I knew sat down next to me and tried to start a conversation. I quickly told him I was a lesbian and he recognized my voice and turned beet red. 

"Rat me out and the girls behind me will embarrass you forever," I said. "Sit here a few minutes and politely leave."

'"Thanks, Pic." he said and looked a bit relieved, confused and embarrassed. Then he bought me a drink.

He'd been had and knew it. He was embarrassed but was a good sport. It was Halloween and he'd been fooled.

The girls behind me were good sports, too. They let him sit with them until the next guy sat down next to me and he could get a good laugh.

The next guy was someone I didn't know very well but I knew he would recognize my voice. He sat down started chatting. I kept my voice soft and played a little coy until he put a hand on my knee. I switched back to my own voice. "Reach up about a foot and a half and you'll grab a bigger one than you have," I said.

He turned purple and fled.

The third guy was a close friend. I knew I had my hands full then. I tipped  my hand instantly and he smiled. "Nice costume," he said.

Then he sat there a while, bought me a drink and we chatted. He watched my body language a while and commented that I had the mannerisms down pretty good.

Then he looked at me suddenly, "Two hundred bucks!" he shouted, "Damn, I didn't know you were a whore!" and left indignantly.

Everybody stared at me. The girls laughed like hell and whisked me out to the next joint. The policewoman laughed so hard she almost wet herself.

One thing I have to give the girls credit for is they put s fly of sorts in my panty hose. To pee I'd sneak out into an alley.

We left for the Beachcombers and that's where the party began. We danced the night away and it was funny having guys ask me to dance and having me answer,"Sure!" in my normal voice.

Some turned red, some danced with me anyway. It was a bizarre, surreal night. Sometime a real girl would ask me to dance.

Seeing them figure out who the were talking to was priceless. Nobody got too upset because Halloween on an island is a nut house where anything goes.

Sally had a boyfriend of sorts and he had a pretty good sense of humor. I asked him to dance and Sally, ever the character acted outraged and called me a slut. 

The girls started in telling me what a little hussy I was and a good laugh was had by all.

We all got in late and I crapped out on Sally's couch as she knew I didn't have running water. It was kind of her.

I woke up with my makeup smeared. Sally was getting up and she looked a bit rough. She suggested we go to the local greasy spoon for breakfast before I cleaned up and we did. We got quite a few laughs for that one. I really must have looked a mess with the 5 o'clock shadow, smeared makeup and looking rough.

We returned and I cleaned up.

I never went out drinking with the girls again but a year later I did dress like a woman again. This time for a golf tournament but that's another story.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment