Thursday, July 2, 2015

A while ago I had to put a cat down


. It was time and I knew it. It sucked but it had to be done.

I took the cat to the vets and he laid on my lap as the vet administered the shot and the hapless animal slipped off into lifelessness while sitting on my lap. As he passed he looked up at me with a look of gratitude for putting him out of his pain.

I'll admit, I welled up and shed tears as he passed.

I sat there and cried a bit and wrapped him up in a chunk of blanket, took him home, buried him and made a simple headstone for the little guy.

He was a good cat while he was alive. He was good to me for the time I had him and it was my turn to be there when he needed me. It was the right thing to do.

I do not see how anyone can simply drop their friend off at the vet's, tell the vet to put their pet to sleep and leave. To me it's gutless and speaks volumes of their character or lack thereof.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment