Sunday, July 26, 2015

I am following the Sandra Bland death, but not in great detail.



Sorry, people. It's getting more and more difficult to get excited over someone that started trouble with a police officer to begin with. Or for that matter, anyone who starts trouble with anyone else without a damned good reason.

I heard in the video where the cop told he to put her cigarette out in an angry tone of voice. Apparently she had just blown smoke in the officer's face.

Had she done that to me I simply would have returned to the cruiser, gotten a fire extinguisher and put the damned cigarette  out myself. There's no call for that kind of behavior.

(I wonder what she'd have done if the cop had produced a SuperSoaker and hosed her cigarette down. That's kind of like something I'd do. It's one reason I am not a cop.)

We have had recent riots over people that did nothing but bring trouble onto themselves. Ferguson was caused over the shooting of Michael Brown after he attacked a police officer. Brown certainly doesn't sound like the kind of person I would want to go to bat for.

Truth is that every one of the people that have come into the limelight recently over being killed, injured or beat up by the police appear to have one single thing in common.

To put it quite mildly, they have been rude individuals. They have all attacked or fought with police officers in one way or another. 

I think I am going to sit this one out. 

The truth is I am getting pretty sick and tired of people like that who go looking for trouble and then get more than they were asking for.

The thing I wonder about is the black guy a while ago in Florida that got shot by a police officer. 

He was in his own driveway trying to get into his car. If I recall he had locked his keys in his car and a passing cop saw him and assumed he was trying to steal it. He wound up getting shot, but not fatally.

This would have been a reason for people to get upset but it never made the mainstream news. My guess is that it didn't fit their agenda.

What got me about this is that this guy was truly innocent of any wrong doing and didn't attack the cop. This sort of shooting  would have been a slam dunk for getting the ire of the public up.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment