Thursday, July 30, 2015

One



 of the little things I am grateful for is that the members of a certain internet board treat me well.

It's a police board and as you can imagine, they are to a small degree clannish. This board actually isn't too bad. They try and answer serious questions and for the most part simply ignore the troublemakers and trolls.

Of course, if you are a reader of this blog you will know I am a compulsive smug smartass. Then again I do try and avoid the cheap shot.

Still, it is funny every so often to watch a newbie take the bait. Then again, sometimes whan I troll they troll me.

Recently one officer mentioned buying a Fisher Space pen, a pen popular with officers because it will write on just about everything in almost all conditions. I guess they run about $15 and up.

I told him that he ought to not hand it to people to sign tickets with and said I had 74 of them at last count. I ended with "Why? Any of you guys need one?" 

Of course I was treated to a tongue in cheek instant message asking me how much I wanted for one.

Another time a cop mentioned a certain brand of handcuff key and someone else said they were a couple bucks on eBay.

I chimed in with "You mean anyone can buy one? I wish I'd have known that earlier! Every time I escape after being handcuffed I wind up busting about 15 or 20 of those little Dremel grinding wheels getting the damned things off!"

I gotta admit, cops have a pretty good sense of humor because several guys gave me a number of tips and pointers for removing them without a key.

It hasn't all been peaches and cream. Over time I've had a couple lively discussions but I have to give the guys credit that they have never taken a cheap shot or maliciously taken my words out of context.  

Still, even when some of us disagreed they always managed to keep things civil. Most of them took their time to expain their point of view pretty carefully. Communication has been excellent.

You would be surprised to find out how many cops are pretty adamant about playing by the rules. The overwhelming majority of them are.

I'm pretty grateful the cops on the board are good to me.

Thanks, guys.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment