Monday, February 26, 2018

I went into the wayback yesterday after the deer left

and saw what the winter hath wrought.

One of the trees was snapped by a storm about halfway up and created a nice widowmaker I will have to deal with before long. It should not be TOO awful bad but it has to be dealt with.

My wayback is tended to and is somewhat of a fairyland. Next door the neighbor has left it to nature and the winter was hard on it. There are a number of standing dead trees there and I'll probably go over and drop a couple of the smaller ones. There is a big one and I know better than to drop it because I don't have the youth anymore to un ass the area fast enough if/when anything goes wrong.

I work on her yard in return for using a corner of her tanglewood as a brush pile.

It is the beginning of late winter/spring and the runoff has gone into the wayback and left it awfully muddy as usual. I have considered planting a weeping willow as they suck up an amazing amount of water.

Anyway, I'll probably leave well enough alone until nature tells me it's OK. About the time the deer turn brown again I'll wander down and make my plans.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment