Thursday, February 8, 2018

Out of town today

Another day passes and I have managed to get a few things done.

I hid out from the storm and got in late wondering what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The kid down the street had dug me a landing zone, a path to the garage door AND had made a path to the front door. It was a neat, workmanlike job.

I'll pay him for that tomorrow. 

One of the things about living in a neighborhood is to make friends with the young people if you want to get things done.

I used to call the kids the Indian Street irregulars and they have been pretty good. Most of them have grown up and there has not been replacements at the rate of loss. I'm lucky to have the couple of helpers I do have. 

The guy that did my driveway is growing up and will be leaving me in three or four years and I will be 70 and probably need him even more.

I have to find and groom a kid or two to help me out in my old age.

The young man does have a kid sister that seems likely to be wanting to make a few bucks helping me out, but I wonder if she'd be willing to shovel snow. I'll have to ask. She has expressed an interest in cat sitting and she'd likely be pretty good at it.

The young man has been a wonderful helper and when he leaves home I am going to miss him.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment