Saturday, February 24, 2018

There are a couple of things that happen when you have a

relationship with both a father and son.

It give me a place to create mischief.

The father is a friend of mine and so is the son. Of course the father is a father and I am an outsider which give me a little more clarity because I can see things from a different point of view.

When I was coming home from a tour I had a pretty good bottle and texted the father that he was good for a snort. He returned telling me that he was out of town.

"Oh, well, I'll split it with Tommy," I texted back. Tommy is his teen aged son.

I called his son and told him to text his son and ask his dad if Jameson's is any good.

I fooled the father for probably two seconds but that's OK. His dad gave me a call and we had a chuckle. He knew I had put his son up to asking that.

Instead of getting upset, he texted his son back that the old stuff is pretty good. I imagine the son was surprised to hear his dad reply with that. Then again, maybe not. He's beginning to pick up on sarcasm and it's delightful. A while ago I told him I'd teach him to steal Corvettes so he could sell them and graduate from college debt free and he laughed instead of being shocked.

He's a good, clean young man and someone to be proud of.

Two messages were sent out loud and clear that night. Tommy is now one of the guys.

He's too young to drink, vote or own firearms but he is still one of the guys. He'll be getting his driver's license soon and I have offered to teach him to drive a stick.

Tommy was flattered and his father is probably looking at his son in a different light. Tommy's father is probably realizing his job is nearly done and he'd done a pretty good job.

Actually the truth is Tommy has been one of the guys in my mind for some time now. 

Sometimes the parents are the last to know this.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment