Thursday, February 22, 2018

Life is too short


to not enjoy good booze once in a while.

I just got myself a damned good bottle of scotch and I am going to enjoy it. I am NOT going to devour it like a dog on a ham bone and I am not going to mete it out one ounce at a time.

Last night when I got in I cracked it and poured out 100 ml which is a little over three ounces which is a pretty decent sized dallop. It's not going overboard and it certainly isn't being a cheapskate, either.

I added a couple of small drops of water to release the flavor and took a sip and washed it around in my mouth for a while and savored it. I put the glass down and started to arrange a few things before I returned to it for another small sip.

I repeated the process as I puttered around and took care of a few things. I made a meal and ate, and parked the glass until I was done and had another sip. The snort lasted me quite a while and when it was gone it left me just slightly more relaxed. I didn't have a real buzz of any sort but had truly enjoyed drinking a fine sample of a distillers craft.

Of course, there are times when a couple of guys can kick back and enjoy a good evening over such a good bottle but I had nobody around that wasn't busy so I went it alone.

After I had my dallop I parked the bottle, resisting the temptation to have another. If I wanted a buzz I would have probably just had some basic Jameson's or bourbon. However, I didn't want a buzz. I wanted to relax and enjoy one of the finer things in life and not have too much of a good thing.

I have had to eliminate bourbon because it triggers my cigarette cravings. Scotch and Jamesons don't seem to do that so I can have some of that, but not too much as too much triggers me.

I used to think that one could not have too much fun, but as I age I have found that enough is enough. You can have too mmuch of a good thing.

Sometimes I wish I had known this a lot earlier. It would have probably saved me from wasting a lot of good liquor by overdoing it.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment