Sunday, May 19, 2019

Cars have gotten totally ridiculous

with so much junk that a lot of us never use.

Most of my friends report they don't bother with using the heated seat feature because it only takes a short time before the seat gets warm from body heat.

Power windows are somewhat of a joke to me unless you want to be able to control all the windows from the driver's seat. I don't.

I see no reason to be able to open a backseat window while motoring along. I consider things like power windows to be actually a setback in efficiency because when the break they are costly to fix. On the other hand, roll up windows never seem to stop working.

How lazy can you get! Are you really too lazy to turn a simple crank a couple of turns to open a window?

I was once accused of being anti technology. I am not. I like things like electronic ignition, good metallurgy and things that make vehicles easier to take care of and longer lasting. Lord knows I don't want to have to start one with a hand crank but I suppose they could be an emergency use option like I had in a '62 Triumph.

My big beef is that you get stuck with having to buy a package containing a lot of stuff I really don't want.

I don't live in Arizona and see little use for A/C. I consider it another expensive thing to go wrong. Then again, if I did live in Arizona or Texas I'd probably have it.

I think what I want is what I'll refer to as practical technology.

To me, a vehicle is transportation, plain and simple. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment