Thursday, May 2, 2019

I pissed off a social worker at the auto shop yesterday afternoon.


I was picking up my vehicle and another woman was there picking up her car. It was plastered with the usual do-gooder bumper  stickers. I decided to let it ride until she said something to me about my two discreet stickers. One is a Universal Life Church minister sticker and the other one says, "Legion Etrangere" She asked me if I was a minister and I said I was. 

Then she asked me what the Legion sticker was and smart ass that I am, I answered her in French. I only speak a couple of phrases that I remember from elementary school but it must have been good enough. She looked at the sticker and asked me if I was a Foreign Legion chaplain. I just gave her a look and let her take the bait.

"With all that time in France you must hate Donald Trump," she said. Ray Charles could have seen that one coming. He collection of stickers had told me that.

I replied by asking her what she did for a living. She said she was a social worker.

I looked at her. "I know why YOU hate Donald Trump," I returned.

"OH? Why is that?" she asked.

"Because you are a social worker and without failure you would be out of a job. You need people to fail in order to keep your job. If everyone found a job and went to work you would have nothing to do an would have to go to work in the private sector and actually produce instead of encouraging failure."

She stormed of and the owner of the shop grinned. He was smart enough to stay out of it, though. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment