Thursday, May 30, 2019

Part Six.

Hey, I had to name this post something.

I sit here aging and getting closer to the day when someone has to figure out a way to dispose of my earthly remains and I have said before and will say again that I want to be buried at sea.

I've scouted around and learned a lot and while as a veteran I am eligible to have the US Navy bury me there is somewhat of a hassle. I have to be boxed up and that's not really a traditional at sea burial. Traditional is wrapped in sail cloth shroud. Of course, during WW2 the Navy would occasionally use the good old fashioned USGI mattress cover.

I bought a mattress cover on eBay a couple of months ago and it had too much polyester in it. It won't decompose. Back to the drawing board and back to the surplus stores etc. I'm going to try and find a Vietnam era mattress cover. They're 100% cotton and will decompose over time.

I have found a company that will haul my decomposing carcass out past the 600 foot shelf and commit me to the deep but the price is pretty hefty and I figure that I can try and find a fishing boat skipper that will do the deed. 

It's all legal and any boat owner can do this so long as they get outside of state waters which means three miles out. The hard part is that the burial has to take place in deep water.

Afterwards a simple EPA report gets filled out and that is that.

Anyway, that's what I am thinking now.  




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment