Monday, May 27, 2019

I read where some police officer said the person he stopped claimed


"his wallet was in his other pants."

Some time in the 80s I was traveling and had sacked out in the bed of my pickup. When I woke up I had a monumental case of the icky-stickies. It was time for a creek bath and a change of clothes.

Twenty minutes down the road there was a likely looking creed so I washed up and changed my clothes. I wadded the dirty clothes up and put them next to me on the seat in the cab of the pickup and went back on the road. I was now looking for a laundromat as the duffel bag in the bed of the pickup was pretty much full of dirty laundry.

I don't recall what I was stopped for other than the fact that I wasn't a homicide suspect. My guess is it was actually a fishing expedition on the part of the county LEOs. 

Anyway, when he asked for my license I simply fished my wallet out of the dirty britches next to me on the seat and handed the cop my license. As I was fishing my wallet out I explained that I had left my wallet in the pants next to me on the seat.

The cop looked at me, took my license and ran the usual wants and warrants thing on me and returned and handed it back to me.

When he was handing it back to me he commented that I was the first person he had ever stopped that had told him "I left my wallet in my other pants" that really  HAD left his wallet in his other pair of pants.

I laughed and commented that the "I left my wallet in my other pants" line made it sound like the person in question only owned two pairs of pants, the one he had on and the one the wallet was in.

The cop chuckled and agreed that it sounded that way. Then he added that there were probably a lot of people he ran into that probably owned only the pants they were wearing.

Anyway, this is yet ONE MORE time in my life that Life imitated art for me.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment