Thursday, September 12, 2024

Is he married?

Over the past couple of months a few older women have asked about my marital status, either face to face or through others.

When I was helping pick up things after my hot air balloon ride the pilot came over to me and commented that one of the women on the flight asked him if I was married. He said he thought so because I had mentioned my wife in an earlier conversation.

About a month or so ago one of the dog walkers, a woman about my age asked me if I was married and I told her I was. she said, "Oh. My mother is looking for a mate." (WTF?!)

I had a neighbor trained until he passed a couple of years ago. If the subject came up over my marital status he'd answer, "He's married to a very striking Moroccan woman he met when he served in the French Foreign Legion. She's still gorgeous and doesn't look a day over 40 and never gained weight." 

He reported he only said that twice. 

Still, it's getting pretty weird having older women ask about my marital status, especially at my age.

I figure either they are gold digging or are lonely and/or looking for a companion.

One thing is certain, though. If I was single and met someone the first date would consist of going through her assets. The last thing I want to be is someone's meal ticket. 








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment