Friday, September 6, 2024

Right now I have my nose in an interesting book.

The Secret of Sherwood Forest: Oil production in England during WW2.

Everyone and their cousin can name all of the battles and a lot of the heroes and bums that took place in the fighting.

Still, there's a LOT more to war than the pitched battles. 

Where does one get all the hardware, equipment, supplies and so on to fight a (then) modern war?

That's in interesting thing to look into if one really wants to understand more fully what went on.

It's interesting and they cover what it was like for about 50 oil workers sharing a monastery with a large group of monks. I don't think you'd be surprised to find out they got along quite well.

One of the things that irked me is little fiefdoms like petty UK government officials and American officials that made life a little more difficult. As usual. 

Sometimes I wonder how we managed to win the war.

eBay, I paid $8.11 for my copy, delivered. You might get it for less.

To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment