Tuesday, September 17, 2024

One of the things that irks the $hit out of me

is that when a young man puts on a uniform he's still considered a minor.

Over the years I have cheerfully bought beer for GIs that have been in service a while simply because they are not children anymore.

To be completely honest, I won't buy beer for a kid fresh out of basic training, though because that's trouble looking for a place to happen. But once he's been in a unit a while and settled in I will and that's just too bad. If someone doesn't like it that's just too damned bad.

Once a child puts on a uniform he stops being a child.

88888888888888888888888888888888

Jesse Ventura said he returned from Vietnam and after about a week went into the XOs office and asked to be returned to Vietnam.

When asked why he said he was treated like a man while he was in-country but reverted back to being a child when he got back Stateside.

I certainly see his point.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment