Friday, August 19, 2011

Made a pretty good breakfast and I have just finished it.

Sausage and eggs.

I tried out a store brand sausage this morning figuring it wasn't going to be as good as most of the others and was surprised. It was and that makes me wonder where the store got it.

I know it wasn't Jimmy Dean and if I were buying sausage to make patties out of I would have bounced for Jimmy Dean. It's pretty good stuff.

Still, I wonder which one of the many sausage makers out there got the contract to make the store brand sausage links because they are pretty good.

I eat a lot of store brand stuff because grocery prices have skyrocketed and I save a few bucks that way, but only if the stuff is pretty good.

While there are a lot of lousy store brand products out there that are lousy, there are also quite a number of products out there that are just as good as the name brand stuff.

I generally bring a lot of the store brand stuff to work and generally nobody gripes. Generally.

Once someone griped so the next time I brought all of the top shelf brand named stuff in with me and watched the complainer say, "That's more like it!"

Then he got the bill and wasn't too pleased. I had 'gone over' and he had to cough up a couple bucks out of his own pocket.

Next tour I went back to normal and things were just fine again. He didn't gripe at all.

Still, you have to know which stuff is good and which isn't but if you keep your eyes open you can do OK.
----------------------------------
Sometimes I post a few 'Suzie Homemaker' things on this blog. The way I figure it is some of the guys, especially the younger ones have not figured out that a big part of life is just general maintainence consisting of cooking, cleaning and doing the wash. Unless you are very rich at an early age, you had better simply get used to it.
-----------------------------------
Today's post reminds me that I need to pick up laundry soap, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper and a couple of cans of tuna.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment