Thursday, August 4, 2011

One of several reasons I'd be a lousy big cheese

One of the things I see that make me think that I should not have been a big shot is that they are always seen being being carted around in limosines.

I have been in a couple and I can say that the convenience of not having to deal with parking and fetching the car is a pretty good deal. The rest of it doesn't impress me, though. All you do in the damned things is ride and look out the window for the most part.

I suppose some big shots do business in them, read reports or work on laptops etc, but I can't seem to do this because for some reason I tend to get a little carsick while trying to read. I also really don't like being a passenger for any length of time, either although I don't mind driving.

I suppose if I became some kind of a big shot I would probably not have a limosine because they are too big and unwieldy. I'd have a smaller car, but a pretty comfortable one and I would have a driver to take care of the annoyances like parking and picking me up, but that's where it would end.

I suppose it would look a bit odd. It would look something like the big Cad pulling up for the Godfather and out of the building comes the Don who walks around the car and hooks his thumb. Dutifully, the driver slides over and the Godfather hops in and drives himself off to meet with the Tatagglio brothers to get someone whacked or to go somewhere to bribe a judge or congressman.

While I am not saying I am aspiring to be the Godfather or any other big cheese, Senator Piccolo would be doing the same thing. Senator Piccolo would drive while his chauffeur rode shotgun.



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment