Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This day has started out oddly.

I crawled out of the rack and pulled on the pair of pants that is headed for the laundry bin, poured a cup of joe and headed out the door to enjoy the morning.

When I sat down I felt a lump behind my knee inside the pants and discovered it was the pair of undershorts I had peeled off and tossed atop the pants last night.

Oh, well. It's a lot better than fishing a fork out of the sink and having your first bite of breakfast taste like cat food.

Good morning, world.

Last night I tried my luck out on the 20 meter USB band and my first QSO was with some guy in Florida, almost 1000 miles away. That ain't bad for a little 30 watt rig.

======================================
One of the things I do in my line of workk is to shop for grub. WHile most guys understand how I do things and why, I get a hoot out of a crybaby I dealt with some time ago.

To save space a couple of days before I buy the milk and freeze it and use it as ice to keep things cold for the ride across the state.

This one crybaby indignantly declared "I don't drink frozen milk!"

"Nobody else does, either" answered my mate. "We thaw it out and then drink it."

THe kid pouted for a bit, but he got used to it.
=====================================
Do not embarrass me by asking why there is a can of asparagus in with the refrigerated stuff. I was in a hurry to pack and it seemed like a good place to park a loose can.



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hey Piccolo!

    I've read all your post and I must say, you are a great writer.

    The reason I;m commenting is this:

    In the past you spoke about wanting to embed witht he troops and blog. As you found out, that isn't particularly practical.
    HOWEVER: The author of this blog dos exactly that. He does it extremely well, writes prolifically, and is always out on patrols.

    Definitely worth a read:

    http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

    ReplyDelete