Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The night before crew change post. Some loose threads

It is August and where has the year gone? It is hot as hell out and I have a little more outside painting to get done on this boat and I guess I'll hit it when I get up and then take a siesta and knock a little more of it out until it is done.

Still, the year has gone by too damned fast and I have things left to do before things get cold and nasty.

I want to take the PRC rig and do a little DXpedition and bag an overseas QSO or two which means I'll pack the rig up some hill somewhere.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, Barack, the Magic President is yakking about Socia Security, Medicare and Unemployment insurance as being entitlemment programs, huh?

Since I was a kid, I have been paying into Social Security and unemployment insurance. Later when Medicare started I wound up paying into that, too. I really had no choice. Uncle Sam simply had my employer take it out of my weekly pay.

Now these are the only three things I can think of that an employee has to cough up to the Feds for his own good and I simply paid. After all, it was for my own good.

Now, these are supposidly something along the lines of insurance premiums that the Feds have said they will back. OK, fine.

So how come the people that have been paying into these programs all their lives are going to be the first to take the hits?

Oh, yeah. I know. It's because we have to make damned good and sure that those that are too damned lazy to get off of their asses and take care of themselves can continue to do so.

I keep forgetting about that, but you can bet your a$$ I won't be forgetting about that come election time.

Adios, Barak.

The again, maybe not. When the Democrats started shouting 'anybody but Bush', they ran an anybody and he lost.

I would not be surprised to watch the Republicans do the same damned thing.
===================================
So how come every time I turn around I see more government types wanting to take more money away from people that have earned it and give it to people that haven't?

It seems that every time a company or person makes money Uncle Sam is standing there taking it away from them and giving it to someone else that didn't earn it.

We reward laziness and stupidity and punish success which is bad enough, but what irks the holy hell out of me is that when the government runs out of money for those of which we seem to owe a living, they run the budget into the red.

China has recently stated that they want the UN to start to run the federal budget of the United States and of course, a lot of Americans got upset. They said we were going to have to cut way back on our social welfare programs. I sat and thought about it for a second before I reacted.

China's argument has a certain grain of merit. After all, it seems our government is incapable of doing a good job.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Why do women ask strangers if something looks good on them?

A recent ship's errand to Wally World found me cutting through the shoe department and some woman starts with, "YO! Hey, you? Deeze chews look good on me?"

I glanced and hooked my thumb over my shoulder, "Blacksmith's about a mile down the road on the right," I shot back without breaking stride.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment