Friday, August 12, 2011

Mc Donald's WiFi is where I am.


One of the things I have to admit is that there is a thirty year old guy out here that makes me laugh.

He plays the lottery to the tune of about five bucks a week just so he can sit there and pretend he has gotten rich. He has a pretty good system, actually and it has resulted in him both having fun and getting ahead a little.

Out here he sits with his tickets watching the drawing and pays rapt attention to the drawing and when he loses, which ge almost always does, he carrys on a bit and grumbles and mumbles about how he's going to score next week. We find him to be pretty amusing.

About a month ago he won one of the smaller prizes and when I mentioned that he could use it for a night on the town or for something he has always wanted he told me his stratagy and it made me smile.

Every single cent he wins he banks. Every cent.

If he wins two bucks for spelling his name right on the ticket, it goes straight to his account and stays there. He tells me the tellers roll their eyes when he makes a two-dollar deposit, but that's just too damned bad. All winnings go into his account and that is just that. It stays there.

He's had a couple of small hits over the past six or seven years that have added up and I imagine there is a modest sum there. I suppose that some day he may (or may not) make a good sized hit and get ahead. Who knows?

But he's having fun doing this and seeing what he can do with it and in the process of having a lot of fun he is putting a few bucks aside for a rainy day.

Jeff Foxworthy said that rich people have retirement portfolios and that a Redneck retirement plan is the lottery. Here's one kid that is doing both.

It would be interesting to see how he makes out by the time he is ready to retire.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment