Sunday, December 2, 2012

SHopping online

eBay gets a lot of bad press here and there but these days I tend to use it for hard to get items and other odds and ends.

I just ordered a couple of electrical parts that I needed for a project on the home front that I could not snag at Lowe''s or Home Depot for reasons I won't get into, but I sure found them on eBay.

I also have started to use Amazon a little more for the same reason. It makes life a little easier and with gas running close to $4/gallon it likely saves money when you take everything into consideration.

Shipping these days isn't generally too expensive and when you add everything up you generally either break even or come out ahead. Having the whatever dropped off at your door isn't a bad deal, either.

My watch, the one I use at work all the time crapped out and I have a Dollar store cheapie on right now to get me through for a while. I just snagged the one I like to use off of eBay for cheaper than I can get it at WallyWorld, and that includes shipping.

I also scored an electrical fixture that I have not been able to find after a lot of searching. I found it on Amazon and got it for less than list, including delivery.

All of this stuff will be delivered to my front porch and I don't have to brave the perils and pay the expenses of having to drive to the store. All in all it ain't a bad deal.

Still I suppose that you have to know what you want because I have not gotten quite to the point where I can look at a picture of something and know if it is what I want unless I have actually seen it or held it somewhere else.

Still, there are a lot of brands and styles of things you can trust. There is no difference between, for example, a Leviton switch, model 4937 or a pair of 501 Levis that was bought on a store or bought on line.

More often than not you can get things either at about the same cost or cheaper than you can at a mortar and brick store.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment