Tuesday, December 4, 2012

This is one of those mornings where I can not


seem to find something to write about so I guess the answer is to sit down and start something and see where it goes.

Right now I am getting pretty close to retirement and I have just decided to put it off for as long as I physically can because I see everything falling apart and a pretty dismal retirement when you look at things.

I predict that what is likely to happen to my savings, 401k etc is that they are going to shrink very fast thanks to what I predict as an upcoming period of serious inflation. About the only thing I can see that will provide any hedge against it is a string of big time winning lottery tickets.

It doesn't take a genius to see that in the near future the value of the dollar is going to take a pretty steep dive and it isn't a good idea to stop working while one still can.

Some time ago I told someone that retirement was a dream I was unlikely to see and I think I will be proven right. I even think that Social Security is going to either fall apart entirely or reduce benefits to just about nothing.

Much of this I think I will blame on Johnson's failed Great Society programs and also the plundering of the Social Security account back in the 60s.

The rest of it I think the blame lies on the Free Stuff Army and the mentality that goes with it. I also wonder if I wasn't a sucker for trying to save something for retirement. Maybe I should have blown it on nice things. Who knows?

Anyway, as you can read, I am not very optimistic on the future these days.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment