Wednesday, December 19, 2012

This hasn't been a bad Christmas season so far

and it surprises me to no end. So far I have not had to cuss out the usual gang of idiots loaded up on mood elevators for telling me how I should feel.

That's a pretty good deal. That way I don't have to tell someone to take a bath in gasoline and dry off with a match.

That ain't half bad.

Yesterday was a mild can of worms day as I had an electrical switch fry on me and I had to replace it. Normally this is a simple operation but the switch in question was a three way, the kind you turn on at the bottom of a flight of stairs and turn off when you get to the top. It requires a special switch.

Of course I couldn't just replace the wires the same way they were on the old switch because the old one was different. The screws were arranged differently so I had to get out the meter and figure it out.

In addition to that, this was on a part of the wiring I have not replaced and it is of 1948 vintage and brittle as all hell. I had to treat it like I was on the bomb squad and be gentle to avoid breaking a wire and having to tear up the entire house to replace it.

The box in question was in the basement and is a double sized box. Besides the switch there was an outlet and seeing I was in there already I replaced the outlet also.

Actually the wiring didn't look too bad considering its age.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment