Friday, January 4, 2013

A few quotes that fit the general mood AND a story of a guy I met.


It baffles me over this whole liberal mindset. They are the same people constantly reminding you of what the government did to the Indians yet they want the government to take care of them as well. ~cornman

9999999999999

A man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian. ---Henry Ford.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. ~ Thomas Paine.
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. ~ Richard Henry Lee - 1787
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth. ~ George Washington
&&&&&&&&&&&&

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good. ~ George Washington
&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&

About 12 or 13 years ago outside of Baltimore I picked up a hitch hiker that without a doubt is one of the most interesting people I have ever met in my life. I was almost 50 at the time and this guy had just gotten out of prison and had spent more time in the joint than I had on the planet.

It was an interesting ride. It was obvious that he was overwhelmed by things. He didn't understand getting gas with a credit card, but he did understand Windows 95 which was a current program at the time.

He had been out of confinement only a couple of days when I met him and was on his way to hisson'e where he was supposed to have a job of sorts as a landscaper or whatever.

I did ask him what he was in for and he told me something like "Bank robbery and disrespect towards federal officers."

When I told him that 15 years was tos for bank robbery he pointed out that the disrespectful conversation with the federal officers had been conducted with Tommy guns.

He told me the plan had been laid out when he was a draftee sitting in s hole in the slick brown mud of Korea. It was an interesting story.

I dropped the old guy off at his son's house and left, I had only gone maybe 30 minutes out of my way and didn't stick around because I figured it might be an akward moment.

Now I didn't say this guy was an example to look up to, but he was interesting and interesting keeps my mind occupied a lot more than some bore that wants to tell me about some dopey sports event or something. So when I say interesting I simply mean interesting.

Still, I thought about this old man today and wonder what happened to him. Is he still working as a landscaper and maybe planting flowers? Is he dead?

Maybe he couldn't hack it on the outside and did something to get his parole yanked or maybe he just hanged himself somewhere.

Still, I hope he is out there somewhere planting flowers in the spring and watching the seasons change as a free man because I always wish the best on people. He paid his debt to society and the liklihood of him hurting anyone seemed slim so I suppose he deserves to be able to live out the remainder his life planting flowers and watching things grow.

Whatever. I just thought about an interesting character I met a while back.


&&&&&&&&&&&&

For what it's worth, there are people out there that think Sandy Hook was a government contrived plot of some sort and a couple have suggested that nobody died.

Bull!  Real children died there and real parents are aat a terrible loss for their children.

As to media skulduggery, I checked with Snopes and things are not final yet, some of the accusations have not been confirmed either way.

Still, the fact that a number of people believe it speaks loudly for people's contempt for both the government and the media.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment