Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I am a pariah among many of my classmates

which is nothing new when I look back on things because I grew up in Massachusetts back in the 50s and 60s.
I think that what makes me different is that I actually learned a couple of things in school. For one thing I actually learned to count numbers. I can add, subtract, multiply and divide which I imagine a lot of my classmates seem to have a lot of trouble with because they keep supporting more government.

Government costs money and things have to be paid for. The government has no money save what they get from the people in the form of taxes. They get it from us and to continue the present rate of spending the people that are paying taxes now would have to have their taxes at least doubled.

I suppose they think that Obamaphones pay for themselves, maybe. I don't know, but there are an awful lot of people I went to school with that got degrees and other forms of formal education that make me wonder about the educational system because they do not know how to count.

I had a conversation with one of my classmates a couple of years back and after I listened to this talk of grey power and how we will be able to vote ourselves raises in social security and so on.

That's awful nice of him trying to give himself a raise, isn't it?

It's that very attitude that has gotten us into all of this trouble in the first place.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment