Friday, January 18, 2013

I do not want safe!!



 

I do not want to live in a bubble and have all sorts of safety nets out there for me because I don't do my best if I do.

I don't want to have Uncle Sam offer me a free phone if I can't afford my own. I don't want government housing. I don't have a right to steal from everyone else and use the government as my thug to take money from people that have earned it.

I want a place where I can go as far as my talents will take me and climb as far as I can. I don't want to support someone who is either too lazy or too stupid to take care of themself.

If I do something stupid or make the wrong choice the choice was mine and I want to live with it.

I also want what's mine. No, I did not bring enough gum for everyone. Buy your own.

I spent the years from the time I got out of the army living the life of a homeless person but I knew the choice was mine. I lived in a tipi, a camper and finally a sailboat before I moved into an apartment at the age of 36.

I lived on salmon, venison, halibut and king crab that I either shot or caught because I was poor. Actually it galled a few of the rich folk because they were too busy chasing the buck to have the time to hunt or fish. I wasn't rich, but it was my choice.

I didn't start my present career until I was damned near forty years old, but it was my choice. I could have gone to college on my GI bill but I didn't and it was my choice.

I made a lot of choices, right and wrong and have lived with them and I don't have anyone to blame but myself and I'll be damned if I ever asked the government to bail me out. They can kiss my ass.

I don't want a safe place free of danger and access to dangerous things. I want my pickup to be able to go 100 miles an hour if I want it to and if I get into trouble with it, I will pay the piper.

I don't want to have my head in the sand and hope the forces of evil pass me by because I want to face them down and create my own safety. I'll do it myself.

It's not the job of the government to feed me, clothe me or shelter me. It's my job.

 

It's also my job to try and make things better for the generation coming up behind me and it just galls the living hell out of me to see that so many of my peers have taken union jobs in the public sector and have pulled a 20 and out pension and are sitting around doing nothing useful and I'm paying for it. They stopped working and started collecting and many of them will likely collect for twice as long as they worked.

Of course, the younger generation will pay for it and that is just plain wrong.

Jack Kennedy said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" and a lot of my classmates seem to have forgotten about that.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment