Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Of smokeshops, liberals and Charlie Chan


The other day I made a post about smuggling.

One of the things I happened to notice at the smokeshop down in West Virginia was that judging by the bumper stickers on the out of state cars there were just about as many Obama stickers as there were Romney stickers.

As I sit here thinking about it what I saw strikes me as hippocracy in a way. The very people that want all sorts of governmental intervention in their lives seem to not be willing to pay for it.

Government programs cost money and the money comes to the governments in the way of taxes. The government levies taxes on things, people pay taxes and the government has the money to use or give away to those that are either too lazy or too stupid to earn their own way.

Now it occurs to me that I can account for the Romney stickers I saw at the smokeshop. These were likely people that feel that they are being taxed too heavily and resent the way the government is wasting their money by supporting the Free $hit Army. These are (rightfully) angry people. I can see their point.

On the other hand I'd like to know one thing. What were the Obama voters doing there?

Could it be that they were trying to cheat their respective state governments out of the money that they need to pay for the social programs etc that they voted to support?

Of course, most of these are the people that always wanted to know if I had enough gum for everyone when I was a kid back in school.

This sounds like an interesting mystery to me.

I wonder why the very people that vote for things that increase our taxes go out and cheat on theirs. You'd think that they'd certainly go out of the way to pay their fair share.

Maybe we ought to call Charlie Chan to swing by the smokeshop just across the West Virginia border and solve this mystery.

Then again getting ahold of Charlie might be somewhat of a problem. A few years back I wrote a letter to the Honolulu Police Department asking them for his whereabouts.

I got a letter back from them telling me that he skipped out of town with a Rio showgirl back in '53. They are still looking for him for back child support on all of those children he had with his little wife.

If any of you readers out there know how to get in touch with Charlie, let me know so we can solve this mystery.

Then again, maybe we can try ourselves.

I'll venture a guess that the reason I saw so many out of state Obama stickered cars at the smokeshop. It is because the liberals really want to spend SOMEONE ELSE'S money.

I think I'll stick with that answer until we can get in touch with Detective Chan to see if I'm wrong.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment