Friday, June 21, 2013

But I don't understand.....

I had to deal with someone the other day that does not understand time whatsoever.

Take a coupon for such and such off at whatever. Let's make it an amusement park and 50% off, offer ends June 21, 2013. There is always some idiot that never seems to understand that they are not going to get their 50% off on June 22nd. Sorry It doesn't work that way.

There are a lot of things that you have to be ready for in life. Having a guy with a $1500 rifle in his hand that he'll take $100 for now because he has a bill to pay immediately means if you don't have $100 in your pocket right here and now you ain't gettin' a $1500 rifle for a hundred bucks.  It's as simple as that.

There are things in life that you can do later and things you can't.

As soon as I finish this post I am going to go out into the driveway and drop my oil. It can wait until at least then. It can actually wait a lot longer because I'm not driving the truck today, anyway. It's a Miata kind of day and I'll drive that.

There are also a lot of things that have to be done when the opportunity arises and there are a lot of people that don't seem to get it. They seem to think that the world revolves around their schedules and that things will wait for them.

I have gotten up in the middle of the night to work my ham rig to bag places in the Pacific because that's when the propagation was. For some reason the Oceania area is on the air in the middle of the night. I guess it may have something to do with people being up and around because we're 12 hours apart on schedules.

I have a number of Oceania stations under my belt because I woke up at 3 am and worked the rig. Had I stayed in the sack I would not have bagged Australia or New Zealand. It's as simple as that.

I don't know why the concept of being in the right place at the right time in the right uniform is so alien to people. When you are life goes along pretty well.

One of the things I like about working on the water is that there are not a  whole lot of people like the ones I have described. Almost everyone out there knows that time and tides wait for no man and most of them have dragged the concept into other parts of their lives and seem to understand the concept of being in the right place at the right time.Being around people like that make a difference in getting things done.

Several years ago I was considered a jerk because I left without a bunch of people at the Anchor Bar in Kodiak because they said they'd be with me as soon as they had finished their beers. I heard that and left everyone there because I had seen the movie before.

They were just talking because if they wanted to go where we were going they would have knocked them back at once and gotten into the truck and gone. Instead, it was going to take hours to gather everyone because the game is the first guy to finish his beer is going to see that the other guy has half of one left and he'd order another one. The process would be repeated until either everyone was falling down plastered or the place closed.

Of course the following day I got jumped on as to why I didn't wait for everyone else. When I pointed out that they were not going to be ready until after the movie we supposedly wanted to see was over they got kind of testy but that's the way the ball bounces.

Anyway, it's kind of funny watching people that don't understand the concept of here and now bellyache about how it isn't fair that they missed out on something. What's even funnier is that there are an awful lot of people that simply don't learn from missing out on something.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment