Tuesday, June 11, 2013

One of the things that annoys me is that a lot of the stores

 out there ask me for stuff that they have no business asking me for.

Tonight I went to a K-Mart for a pair of sneakers and at the register the cerk asked me for my telephone number. 

It is none of their business so I decided to have a little fun.

"I'm flatterred you want to go out with me. I'm three times your age, you know."

She looked startled. "I don't want to go out with you," she snapped back.

"Now you broke my heart!" I replied.

"What made you think I wanted to go out with you?" She asked.

"You asked me for my phone number. I figured you were going to call me after you got off of work," I replied.

"No. The STORE wants your phone number. I'm supposed to put it into the register," she explained.

"Well, I'm sorry. I don't have one," I said, aplolgetically.

"You don't have a phone number?" she asked, dubiously. "Everyone has a phone number."

"Well, I don't," I replied.

"Why not?" she asked.

"The judge took it away from me for drunk driving," I said, sadly.

"When my daddy got taken up for that they took away his driver's license," she said, "But he got to keep his phone."

"Oh, yeah. That musta been it. They took away my driver's license for drunk driving," I replied. "I guess they took away my telephone number for talking drunk on it."

"They can't do that," she said.

"Then how come I don't have a phone number?" I asked.

"Well, I guess you don't get to use your K-Mart customer card," she said. 

"I guess not."

Just then my cell went off and I fished it out to see who it was. I saw it was a call I could answer a little later.

"I thought you said you didn't have a phone," she said, indignantly.

"I have a phone, I just don't have a phone number," I said.

"Then how do people call you if you don't have a phone number?" she demanded.

"I don't know, they just do," I shrugged. "I guess they just use their phone numbers or maybe they share theirs with me. Who knows?"

Then I paid for my sneakers and left.

The woman behind me looked like she was having one hell of a time not busting out laughing.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment