Thursday, July 31, 2014

George Foreman

George Foreman.

George Foreman is a favorite of mine even though I don't care very much for the boxing game.

Quite frankly I have never cared for a sport where the objective was to knock another man out. 

Still, I have a special spot in my heart for George Foreman. He was a clean character in what I think of as a dirty sport.

He was one hell of a boxer and had his ups and downs. He became a born-again Christian and was ordained a minister whaich seems odd but really isn't.

One interesting thing is that he staged a comeback at age 38 and continued in the game until he was about 45. That says a lot in that he has spunk.

What truly does interest me is that he is in good shape after a boxing career and isn't a brain damaged idiot. He's really quite a good role model in a sport that produces damned few of them.

He's a successful entrepreneur having endorsed a cooking grille for healthier eating. I have one and think it's great. I actually like his ads for the product, too. He's a pretty good charismatic spokesman. 

He's one of those guys that make you smile when he shows up and starts to speak.

When his ads gome on the tube people grin and say, "George Foreman" and watch him give his spiel. They don't change channels, they actually watch the guy.

He seems to be a pretty good approachable outgoing guy and I'd just love to have a guy like him for a neighbor.

Truth is he really is quite a very likeable, personable  character.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment