Sunday, July 20, 2014

UXO may be present!!!





I picked up a pretty good sign a while ago.

It says

Former military training area. Unexploded ordanance (UXO) may be present.
If you see a suspicious object mark the position and dial 911.

There is a picture of an old pineapple grenade in  the middle. It's pretty neat.

I put it up in the way-back of my yard to try and chase the kid out that keeps stealing pieces of paracord from the bottom of the tree my wire antenna is on.

Needless to say he was likely checking out my paracord and saw the sign. He apparently told his parents because I got a knock on the door and an indignant woman that reminded me of Larry Mondello's mother in the old 'Leave it to Beaver' series was there.

She was all worked up and I simply told her that keeping her kid out of my way-back was a good idea and left it at that.

I also pointed out that damaging a federally licensed radio station was considered an act of sabotage. I said that if whomever it was kept damaging my antenna by stealing my paracord I would prefer charges.
She got huffy and left.

As soon as she left I removed the sign and waited for the police whom I assumed were forthcoming.

They never showed.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment