Monday, July 21, 2014

I ate at a Chick-fil-A the other day and it was pretty good for fast food.




 It's often called 'Hate Chicken' by a lot of people because the management made a comment that they were against gay marriage. 

The gay community put them on their little boycott list which is a crock. If you have ever read the Chick-fil-A mission statement they bear no ill will to the gay community. They are open to serve everyone regardless of race, creed, color, national origin or sexual preference.

This is another case of people with a political agenda looking for trouble just because someone won't toe the line 100% with them and kiss their ass.

Well, guess what? I don't really support one aspect of gay marriage, either. In fact I simply wish the government would go out of the marriage business altogether and replace it with civil unions.

That goes for all of us regardless of sexual orientation.

I suppose the government should sanction civil unions between any two people that want one. If you want to get married then go see the preacher. It would be recognized as a civil union for tax, inheritance purposes etc.

That settles that issue.

The other beef I am starting to have is the 'celebrate the beauty' of the gay lifestyle crap I am beginning to see.

No. I will not celebrate the beauty of something that belongs behind closed doors. I simply don't want to hear about it. It really is as simple as that.

While we were on the subject of Chick-fil-A it reminds me that I have another bone to pick with you. 

Remember when Phil Robertson spoke and said that he didn't cop to the gay lifestyle?

The gay community started in on him, too and wanted him off the show.

Guess what? 

America decided that enough was enough and backed Phil. I know I did.

Phil never condemned anyone, nor did he say anything mean or cruel. He simply said he wasn't interested in that kind of sex. Guess what?

Most of America isn't, either. I'm not, either.

Middle America slapped back and Phil is still on the show. 

Most of the people that slapped back and supported Phil are very likely many of the same people that have a 'go in peace' attitude to the gay community. It's the attitude I have. I don't want to see you bashed because of your sexuality simply because I believe in liberty.

If it doesn't hurt someone or rob someone it's pretty much OK by me.

I can see how the many in the gay community are starting to get greedy much like many in the black community are. It's the good old 'It's never enough syndrome'. Give an inch and someone takes a mile.

When that happens I will continue to stick up for your rights to assemble. Everyone has one. I'll also stick up for your rights to do what you will behind closed doors.

On the other hand when you get publicly obnoxious you can expect me to show up at your rally with a bag of tomatoes. I grew up in the 60s and have been to more than one rally on Boston Common and haven't forgotten how to throw a rotten tomato.

Keep getting greedy and that's where you'll find me.

For the record I used to be able to hit a politician with a tomato at about 30 yards. Head shots at about 20 to 25 yards. I suppose I can muster enough up in my old age to keep them in body at 25 or so and headshots at 20.

Fair is fair and enough is enough.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. The system you're describing is in effect in Austria and Japan. I think in Germany and France too, afaik, and likely some other countries.

    The way it is, the legally binding contract, and let's face it, that's all a marriage really is, is only done at a registry office.

    The German language even makes a difference between legal marriage and the church held marriage. The legal marriage is called a "Zivilehe", literally a civil marriage, or, yes, a civil union.

    Right now it does not include gay marriage, and the discussion is generally between screaming activists supporting gay marriage on one side, and screaming clergy on the other side. That said, the Austrian civil union is a sole earthly and legal issue and the clergy should really shut up about it because that is not in their area of responsibility.

    I know how some activists (I dislike activists) in the US whine about how "You don't 'civil union' someone!" but that is really just a whine and shows their command of English and knowledge about common speech is zero. The legal process is the civil union, in common speech, even in German, a civil union is still referred to as "marriage" and the act of the civil union as "marrying".

    The Japanese have taken it to a new level of efficiency though. You just sign the registry, a question of "Do you want" isn't even necessary. So is divorce. You sign the form, and hand it in. Done.

    ReplyDelete