Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Obama Presidential Library

 passed by during a Nebraska parade the other day. It was a float of an outhouse.

OK, like it or not, Obama is our POTUS and I suppose it's disrespectful. That's nothing new for Americans. People have said disrespectful things about various presidents before. 

Truth is I am not surprised because the man has a 29% approval rating as I write this according to an article I read yesterday. That means that 71% of Americans don't think he's doing a very good job. Franklly I'm surprised his approval rating is as high as it is. His entire presidency has been a failure.

Of course, the few people that are still enamored with him decided that the way to protest the outhouse/presidential library was to use the last act of desperation.

They're playing the race card.

Needless to say, the race card is getting worn pretty thin these days and not a whole lot of people are paying attention to it. I'm not. I don't think that I'm alone, either.

Right now I suppose that I'm branded as a racist. I disagree with the president's policies. That may change if Hillary or Elizabeth Warren get elected. If that happens I'll be branded a sexist. It will have nothing to do with reality, it will just be the left's feeble way of trying to destroy the credibility of anyone that disagrees with them.

A few years back I was accused of being an anti semite because I expressed an opinion that the NRA was right in an issue that came up. The woman that accused me of this lost when I pulled out a JPFO membership card.

Of course, the next step was the waterworks and "I didn't know you were Jewish..." (I'm not. Gentiles can join.) I wasn't kind as the waterworks generally turn me into a heart of stone. I learned that trick years ago. When the waterworks get turned on, go in for the kill.

For anyone that gives a damn and wants to dig, my opinions have been posted here and anyone is free to dig through them. I've been a supporter of Dr. King for since childhood.

I look forward to the day a man will be judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin. Truth is, it's a lot closer to that day than it was when I was growing up.

In fact a few years ago my presidential hopeful was Condoleeza Rice. I like the woman and the way she thinks. I think she'd have made a good POTUS but that is just me.

The offended Obama supporters instantly started screaming about how racist the float was.

Let's get down to the bare truth. The president has a lousy approval rating. He's done that entirely on his own. He has gotten his disapproval rating based on his actions and not his color.

Sorry, the race card just won't play here.

Are there bigots that don't like the man because of his color? 

I'm certain there are a handful, but I do not think their number is high enough to effect the fact that the president's approval ratings are in the dirt right now. There will always be bigots. Deal with it. There are also black bigots that don't like whites, too. Things work both ways.

The truth of the float is that it is a protest of the president's approval ratings and nothing else. You can put away the race card. It doesn't apply here.

The president has put his approval ratings down the crapper on his own. Race has nothing to do with it.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. I can' believe that anyone supports Condoleezza Rice, who helped cause the Iraq mess that the US had no business starting. Getting Bin Ladin was a valid reason for going into Afghanistan, but Bush started the war in Iraq for no good reason at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condi Rice did what she was told to do by Bush.

    ReplyDelete