Monday, November 3, 2014

American Movie Classics strikes again.

Yesterday I was wearing my fedora into the local supermarket and a kid about 12 or so saw it and said, "Nice lid."

My guess is he picked the term up from an old movie as I have not heard a fedora called a lid in decades. Maybe the last time was in the comics when Knucklehead took a shot at Dick Tracy and knocked his hat off. That must have been in the early 60s.

It isn't the first time I've had some kid a half century younger than me say something to me out of the 30s or 40s. A couple years back a really leggy woman in a short skirt wandered past and a kid looked at me and commented, "Hey, Mac! Check out the gams on that tomato over there."

Yesterday I set my clocks back and it wasn't too bad. I have this atomic clock that I keep set on UTC and every six months I have to reset it because it doesn't actually have a UTC option. I have to swap time zones on it to make it work right.

In other gnus I got whacked with one of those little virus type things that takes over your computer and managed to get rid of it by using system restore. I restored my computer to a day or two before I picked it up and I'm now good to go.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment