Sunday, November 30, 2014

Piccolo makes a Dunkin' run in Massachusetts.


While visiting relatives with an infant I am an early riser which actually sucks.  I got up and decided to make a run for coffee and a couple of doughnuts and snag a cup of joe for my nephew. His wife doesn't drink it or I would have gotten her one, too.

I ghosted to Dunkin' Donuts and parked and left the engine running as the Tacoma was still as cold as hell. I figured maybe it would warm up a bit for the ride home.

As I got into line someone came in behind me and said someone left their truck running and was wasting precious gasoline.

"That's me," I said. "Thank you for your concern. I'll probably need that gas to get to Logan to go to Japan later on today.'

"Why are you going to Japan?" she asked.

"Because I grew up there and speak fluent Japanese. I applied for a job and just got hired there," I replied.

"What are you going to do there?" she asked.

"I am going to be a harpooner on the Yamasaki Maru," I replied. "We're going after sperm whales."

The woman in front of me was sharp enough to see what I was doing. She turned and smirked.

The woman that had griped about me leaving my truck running 
went off on me as I had expected she would and carried on about saving the natural resources and so on and so on and so on and so forth.

"Tell you what," I interrupted. "If you stop giving me a bad time over using a pint of gas to warm up my truck, I'll email the Japanese I'm not coming and we'll give the whales a break. Either that or start talking into the cab of my truck. The hot air you spew should heat the cab nicely and we can save the gas. Sound like a deal?"

She gave me a dirty look and said nothing which I found to be a pretty good deal.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment