Friday, November 7, 2014

One of the things I see now is that some Democrats are trying to play the tired,


well worn out race card over the recent election.

I saw somewhere where some high percentage of black supposedly think that the results of the election prove that most Americans are racist. You mean the majority of Americans are Klansmen? As I sit here writing this I wonder about the members of the black community that voted Republican. Do they get issued Klan outfits, too? I hope so.

Twice in my life I have seen black arms sticking out of Klan outfits. Once was on the Mel Brooks classic Blazing Saddles and the other time was one Halloween in Kodiak. When I saw it in Blazing Saddles I laughed instantly. 

When I saw it in Kodiak it took a minute. I was seriously offended until I realized something was wrong with the picture. Then I saw the arm and realized it was a black man in the costume and I  shook my head and realized that the only black person in town that was nutty enough do something like that was Alan. I howled. Alan was a character.

When they do hand the Klan suits out I am going to pay close attention to one Mia Love and one Tom Scott. Both of whom were issued black skin by their makers.

This ought to be pretty good seeing Tom donning the uniform of the Ku Klux Klan. 

While I have seen both a black actor and a black commercial fisherman in such an outfit I can't wait to see a United States Senator wearing the colors of America's premier hate organization.

This ought to be good for a laugh.

As for Representative Mia Love, I don't expect to see her in uniform because as a rule they don't put women into the ranks of the Klan as far as I know.

It's too bad, too. After all I think that it would be rather humorous seeing a slender pair of arms, a woman's hand and manicured nails sticking out of such a costume.

Incidentally I have heard that Utah, where Love was elected, has a reputation for being a pretty racist state. If that is true than a lot of bigots held their noses and voted for her because they were desperate to put the president in check.

Either Utah is not as racist as people think or people in Utah were pretty desperate to slap the president down.

While we're at it, I saw something on Facebook saying that maybe under Republican leadership we can keep the dream of Martin Luther King alive.

Frankly I don't see it. There is still too much money to be made in racism. (Look at Al Sharpton)  It's too hot of an issue and if the Republicans jump into that that one they'll likely be crucified.

The truth is that in order to see the dream live we're going to have to get rid of things like set-asides and special minority programs so as to be able to truly treat everyone equally and return to a strict meritocracy.

It's not likely to happen as the liberal spin doctors will slam conservatives by using the elimination of minority set-asides as proof positive of racism. Of course, it's bull$hit.

We're not going to even begin to see the dream lived until we're all held to the same standard.

That's not likely to happen in the near future, though. 

The liberals seem to feel a need to (what Kipling referred to) as pick up white man's burden and help their poor little brown brothers and sisters along because they believe they are incapable of taking care of themselves. They have no faith in them and look at them as inferiors.

I don't. I look at all people as being equals. I have faith in people. I think that minorities can do just as well as anyone else if they put their minds to it. I learned that years ago in the service when I served under some damned good NCOs that happened to be minorities.

Incidentally I think that the minority NCOs I served under made their careers in the service because it was pretty much a meritocracy. They liked being judged as soldiers without regard to their minority status.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment