Monday, November 24, 2014

Here I am now trying to grind out another post


 with my space bar acting up. It's miserable. I have to really whack it in the center or else mywordsgetstrungtogetherlikethis.

I hate stuff like this because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If it was out and out busted I could rely on it.

Many moons ago I had a radial arm saw that would stop and go and it didn't take long for me to decide that the frustration of it starting and stopping at odd times was out and out dangerous. I finally lost my temper with it and destroyed it. It is now part of the backfill of a church museum in Alaska now unless they dug it up for some odd reason.

I guess I can retrain myself to whack the space bar but it's going to take a while.

Update: It must have been something stuck under the spacebar because now it works like it is supposed to. Go figure. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. Is an AR15 with folding buttstock legal for CMP??? Email me at QRZ address please. KA4KOE
    tnx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice thing about having a regular PC is that keyboards are cheap. $15 at the closest IT store. If it's a laptop, that's a little bit more work.

    Some people have issues working on computers. Either you get it or you don't. I grew up working on older cars and trucks from the 60's and 70's. They were simple and I understood them. Throughout the 80's they introduced a lot of gizmos and gadgets, such as ABS, fuel injection, smog control, et al. I was never good with electronics and it all intimidated me. I got lost (and intimidated) on how to work on cars, other than some really basic stuff.

    I got tired of having a junky computer, and not being able to afford the computer I wanted. Someone pointed out to me an article that explained how to build a PC and they did it in a way that made me understand. I took the challenge and built my machine, and suddenly I felt like I was under the hood of one of the old farm trucks.

    I understood.

    Oddly enough, that has made me less intimidated about modern car repair and I've been able to figure out stuff that stymied me for the longest time.

    Now if car manufacturers would stop riveting items in. I'm tired of drilling them out.

    ReplyDelete