Wednesday, January 3, 2018

It's hard facing the keyboard daily after all of these years.

Still, I am driven to do this because it is a part of who I am.

Tonight I had honest to God bison stew for dinner which is a real treat. I know it is bison but I am a cowboy of sorts and a lot of us call it buffalo.

Buffalo is a rare treat for me and I never refuse it. It is a red meat that has less cholesterol in it than a piece of salmon. 

It is supposed to be cooked at a lower heat than beef but when I have a steak I cook it like beef. This is to say I burn the outside and leave the middle quite red. Although not recommended by so-called experts, it works.

I wonder how a couple of buffalo roasts would go over with my niece and nephew and their kids. It's hard to say. I imagine my niece and nephew would eat it but the kids would turn their noses up to it, but maybe not.

Next time I come on I'll check first and maybe pick some up on the way. There's a buffalo farm on US 30 I can stop off at.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment