Saturday, January 27, 2018

One of the most useful gifts I have ever gotten was from one of my sisters

Over 20 years ago she gave me a small manicure type kit that came in a small zipper case. I use it periodically at sea and keep it in my seabag.

It has both finger and toenail clippers in it along with the usual other tools and I threw in a small pen knife as an add-to.

I don't use it often but when I do I'm damned glad to have it because it keeps everything in a nice, neat package. It means no fishing around for things that are floating around loose in my seabag or shaving kit.

It's funny how something this small has been so handy for so many years and I'm damned glad she gave it to me.


She also occasionally sends me jelly that she and her daughter make. The jelly is good and I did keep the jars of one special batch because they are calibrated in milliliters. They are marked in 50, 100, 150 and 200 milliliters and are perfect for pouring good whiskey into.

100 milliliters is a pretty good healthy ration of Jameson's is a good evening's ration and it's easy not to over or under pour with the old jelly glasses.

Someone once gave me a classy set of glasses for good whiskey but they really go unused. I prefer the jars as they keep measuring simple.

It's really kind of interesting to note that neither of these are expensive gifts. What is interesting is how useful they both are.

I suppose if Prince William or Harry showed up I'd probably serve him whiskey in one of these glasses because they are a lot more practical than the expensive glasses. 

I'd bet both of those guys would understand.

Thanks, Sis!





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment