Monday, January 8, 2018

There's a video making the rounds of some guy slapping

a woman for calling him a ni&&er repeatedly. It has caused a lot of opinions as to the justification or non justification of hitting the woman.

I suppose as usual I have a different take in things. 

A gentleman never hits a lady. On the other hand when a woman stops being a lady then she's on her own.

Ladies do not call people things like racial slurs. They behave themselves in a ladylike manner. When they decide that they want to call people nasty names and behave in an unacceptable manner then don't look for this kid for support.

One of the things that people seem to forget is that people misbehave because the rest of us let them. For centuries woman have hidden behind the never hit a lady rule and have been allowed to get away with a lot because men don't know the difference between a lady and a mouthy broad.

Actually the whole issue goes beyond this. The rule that you don't hit someone that insults you is the reason we have such an impolite society. We permit rude behavior.

If a guy runs his mouth and gets punched the guy that threw the punch gets jailed. It encourages people to run their mouths.

On the other hand if someone called the cops to report being assaulted and the cops found out the victim had just called the assailant a racial slur and told the victim he had it coming then things would change.

A lot of rude people would probably decide that maybe being rude wasn't such a good idea and maybe they ought to be a little kinder in their approach to the human race.

One has to remember that between about 1880 and 1920 that an awful lot of men carried pocket revolvers. While shootings were probably not as common as TV would have you to believe, the fact that shooting was an option after being insulted was probably enough for people to keep their mouths shut.

I have heard it called the era of good manners and I can see where people were a lot more polite.

About 40 some odd years ago I was involved in a minor brawl and I came out of it OK as did the other guy that was on my side. The three other guys were pretty much out of the picture and my pard was still keyed up. He saw the chick that had instigated the whole thing.

He went over to her and as she protested that she was a chick, he said, "But you ain't no lady!" and tagged her hard.

I was winding down, shaking like a paint mixer like I do after action but I remember being appalled that he hit a woman until I thought about what he said. I agreed, she wasn't a lady and had lost her protection. I admit I did laugh like hell and then grabbed my 'pard de guerre' and we took off before the police arrived.

Was it wrong?

Yeah, probably. But so what? I'll bet you that dopey little hippie chick didn't stir up any more trouble after that. She had discovered that there were people out there that would make her pay for her troublemaking.

As for the three guys? I guess they figured out that GIs didn't fight too fair. Looking back on it I think they were getting into a Marquis of Queensbury bout of fisticuffs instead of a pier 6 bar fight. Most likely they didn't expect to be hit with a beer bottle. They were pretty young.

Whatever, that was far away and long ago and as I reflect on it I do believe that the whole push of them probably started to at least act a little more civilly.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. We wind up with poor behavior and poor manners because we tolerate it.

As for the woman that got slapped in the video?

Unfortunately because she got her 15 minutes of fame out of it, she probably hasn't learned how to treat people with basic courtesy and she is probably still in the market for a serious beat down. It's too bad but it is what it is.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment