Monday, January 29, 2018

Why I voted (with some hesitation) for Donald Trump



During the early part of the primaries I was a Cruz guy. Cruz is pretty much a strict Constitutionalist as am I. Play by the rules. The Founding Fathers had their act together when they wrote the Constitution. They knew their stuff. Jeb ‘Mommy, it’s my turn’ Bush was out of the question. Political dynasties suck and besides he had an attitude he was owed the presidency.

As the primaries ran on and the various candidates dropped out I started watching and listening to Trump. As time went on I realized that Cruz was pretty much unelectable. Women were saying there was something ‘creepy’ about him. As time passed I decided to get behind Trump. I really didn’t like the idea of Donald Trump as president. I thought he was a big egotist. On the other hand he was a businessman which is a big plus. After 8 years of an Obama economy we needed a shot in the arm.

Hillary was out of the question. No doubt about it. Liberal, conservative, whatever, there was no way in holy hell I could force myself to vote for Hillary. Besides the dishonesty, there was her reason. She didn’t want to serve the American people. She wanted the American people to serve her. She had an attitude that she deserved the presidency.

As I watched the Democratic primaries I saw just how crooked Hillary was. When I saw the so-called ‘super delegates’ business I knew she was crooked and the fix was in. Please note that James Webb briefly threw his hat into the ring and pulled it out as soon as he saw that the fix was in. For what it’s worth, Webb would have won in a Reaganesque landslide.

The ‘super delegate’ business told me that Hillary and the DNC had no respect for the democratic process. It didn’t matter what the people wanted, it was all about Hillary. I do believe she had the party in her pocket because she knew where the bodies are buried. What’s the use of having a primary if the fix is in? The rank and file Democrats should have bolted. The Democratic primary was ridiculous and an insult to the American way. Typical Hillary.

There were third party candidates out there and I considered one of them. However, as time wore on I realized that a third party was not really a viable option. The object was simply to stop Hillary.

As time went on in the Republican primaries I saw that the party big shots were going stark staring bonkers at the prospect of Trump winning the spot as candidate. That got my attention as I have never liked the Republican party. The reason I tend to vote that way is the alternative is worse.

If Trump was pissing off the establishment Republicans then he was a slam dunk for my support. Besides when you get down to it almost everything he said made sense. The big problem I had with him is simply that he was what he was. He was (and still is) Donald Trump.

In short, I felt forced to vote for Trump and I really didn’t expect to have him actually do what he said he was going to do. I base this on my natural distrust of political animals. I simply bit the bullet and voted for him. To me it simply became him or Hillary. I held my nose and pulled the lever.

Actually I didn't hold my nose. I figured that if the Democrats and the establishment Republicans hated him he was good to go. When the establishment Republicans started to support Hillary the odor seemed to disappear and I knew I was doing the right thing. McCain, the Bush tribe, Bill Kristol and a large number of others cinched it down for me. I knew that a vote for Trump was a vote against not only the liberal Democrats but of the establishment Republicans. When I saw how many Republicans were 'Anyone but Trumpers' I pulled the lever cheerfully.  The establishment Republicans had brought this upon themselves. I wanted to be a part of who delivered it to them.

It wasn't so much the Democrats that got me to vote for him, it was the establishment Republicans. 

Now that it has been a year I have been pleasantly astonished. He has done more good for the country in his first year than Obama has done in his entire two terms!

It seems that every time he eliminates an Obama policy that things get better and better. I’m glad I pulled the lever. I have been very entertained watching a genius at work.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment