Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sometimes ya gotta break the rules.




Sausage gravy has three ingredients, sausage, milk and flour.
I cheated a little yesterday and it came out pretty good.


I was looking through the cabinets and saw a can of corned beef that I think I bought when I got out of the army after Colonel Roosevelt marched us out of Cuba. Good old corned Willie.
Anyway, I opened it up and it smelled edible so I dumped it into the skillet and fried it up a bit, added some flour and milk and stirred up some cream of corn Willie.
It wasn't all that bad and went well over sourdough toast with a couple of fried eggs.

While I don't like it as much as I do making the recipe with pork sausage, it's pretty good and it now has a place on the Official Piccolo Breakfast Menu.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment