Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The amateur radio club I am a part-time member of is having a raffle.

And I suppose I might buy a ticket or two to support the club but I really have no idea of what I would do if I won the prize which is a new radio.

Hobbies get pretty consuming and with basic barefoot rigs running in the $1000 and up range it isn't  long time before you wind up with a hole in your pocket.

As I sit here I wonder what I would do if I won. At first I thought I would simply sell the prize and bank the cash because I'm basically content with the rigs I have.

On the other hand an upgrade would be a good deal as I'm sure it has features that would make DXing a little easier. 

I guess if I won I would likely keep the prize and take my entry rig and sell that at a reasonable price to someone else getting into the hobby.

Yeah. That's what I'd do.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment