Thursday, September 20, 2018

Home.

I am home from yet another thrilling adventure at sea.

Time has passed and I have been doing this since I was 38 years old. I'm now 66, soon to be 67 years old.

I'm still hanging in there but as time passes I can see that there will be a day I can't hang in there anymore as old age is creeping up on me. It kinda sucks but then again if I am looking at the green side of the grass it is a good thing I suppose.

I have been mulling over retirement for a while but have decided that I will either retire when I can no longer do the job or when the doctors tall me it's a good idea.

It has me rather nervous when you think about it. Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. I suppose that when I do stop going to sea I'll have to get something to do. The thought of bagging groceries make me nervous though. If I start doing that it means I have gone full circle and that makes me think I have gone full circle and that it won't be longer than that before I start wetting my pants or something.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Retirement:

    I was forced to retire about 10 years ago when the Homebuilding industry imploded along with the housing industry.

    As I was considered to be an older aged employee there was absolutely no job offers forthcoming after a year of searching.

    I looked very, very closely at the finances and decided that if I squeezed every penny until it screamed I could make it until early Social Security kicked in.

    I was a nervous wreck for about 6 months, and then one day I woke up and I was as if a weight had been lifted off me , there was just no stress .

    Since then life has been good..I have my hobbies, and I have a circle of like minded idiots who enjoy the same things I do and so the social life is plentiful.

    There is an adjustment period, but you will find your sea legs soon.

    Red sky at night...

    ReplyDelete