Monday, October 8, 2018

Columbus was lost.

I'm siding with the American Indians today.

First of all Columbus didn't discover America. His claim is about as legitimate as the claim a couple of Indians made when they got off a jet in Genoa and said they had discovered Italy.

There were already people here just as there were already people in Genoa.

Like I opened with, Christopher Columbus was lost. He thought he had landed in India and referred to the people that he met as Indians which I suppose is the reason kids used to play cowboys and Indians.

I would imagine that if Columbus thought he had landed in Manila that kids would have played cowboys and Filipinos. 

Actually that wouldn't really be all that bad as it does have a nice ring to it. I can hear the wagon master in a Western shouting "Filipinos! Draw the wagons up into a circle!" 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment