Friday, October 26, 2018

There is one thing that galls the hell out of people

and that is when a person with less formal education then they have is making more money than they are.

I had to hear it the other day when someone mentioned that I was a merchant mariner. They went on  and on about how it was unfair that someone without a degree can make more money than they do after they have gone on to get a Master's degree.

Of course I pointed out that they could have saved themselves a lot of money for an education and come out on top if they were willing to have made a career at sea.

Of course I was given the usual "I want to stay home with my family every night." That was replied to with the standard "Stop whining. You made your choice."

There are still a number of places where not much formal schooling is required to make a halfway decent living. I suppose the number of places is shrinking but there are still a goodly number of them.

Joe Master's degree that was whining hasn't figured out two things. First that he made a poor career choice if he needed a Master's to make a living and second guys like me are paid in a bit part for the inconvenience. We don't get to go home at night.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment